Recommended Reading

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Productive day

I'm feeling pretty good right now because today has  (surprisingly) been a very productive day. The reason its been so surprising is because I have Tubes home with me today.

To digress a bit, as part of my "re-strategizing" I also decided that come January, Tubes will be going back into daycare 100%. Jordan had initially convinced me to take him down to 3 days per week to save some money and also because a part of the reason I'm doing this IS to spend a bit more time with him (because I know if I get into med school, my free time with him will definitely be limited). So I tried it out, but to be honest it wasn't working so well. I love spending time with him, but my visions of me reading my text book with him quietly watching a TV show or playing in his room (without interrupting me more than once an hour) sadly never materialized. And looking back I don't know what I was thinking. I was rarely ever able to get any work when if I had to "work from home" because my dear child would constantly need something ("mummy, I need to peeeeeee, mummy I want to watch the Wiggles, mummy I'm huuuuunnnngrrryy, mummy my toy is broken fiiixxx ittttt!").

Don't get me wrong, a part of me has loved hanging out with him so much. And, its terrible but I used the Tuesdays and Thursdays that he wasn't in daycare as rewards "Tubes, if you're a good boy and go to bed now, you can hang out with me ALL DAY tomorrow!" (Works like a charm).

I do feel a bit guilty about it - and selfish too because I'm sending my child off to daycare so that I can pursue something just because I want to. But I figured I'll be a) way less stressed because I will have more days to study and volunteer and b) I'll be able to drop him off later/pick him up earlier because I'll just have more time in general, instead of trying to pack everything I need to get done into the days I have to myself.

But to get back to the point of this post...I was able to complete two of my home labs for my Biology course today and only have one left to do! The bonus with that is that I've already started it and its mostly done so a bigger woohoo.

Days like this make me think it IS possible....

No comments:

Post a Comment