Recommended Reading

Monday, November 19, 2018

What a week - and its only Monday

This week has gotten off to a not-so-great start.

Well, it all started over the weekend actually. I found out on Saturday that a close family member suffered an intense health issue. I found out on the day that we were hosting 6 of my oldest son's 10 and 11 year old friends for a sleepover birthday party. I'm ok now, but still processing it. It doesn't seem real and we still don't know to what extent of damage we will be dealing with.

I found out Sunday that I have to prepare a 3 page essay, due Tuesday, for my upcoming option course in suturing. And oddly, the topic has nothing to do with surgery.

There was a bit of confusion regarding a test in biochemistry this week. Our class rep told us that its likely cancelled but then another classmate said she confirmed with the prof that its still on. A part of me was prepared for this but another part was hoping that it would be cancelled as I have another essay to write for physiology as well. I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to study for it and I really want to do well. I've been on a great streak lately with excellent marks (I got a 100% on a recent physiology test and a recent biochem test) and I want to keep it going.

But mostly I'm just worried about my family and being away from them at this tough time. Its hard, because I feel a bit helpless even though I know that being there wouldn't make a difference.

And I'm tired. The weekend was a killer because the boys didn't go to sleep till 2AM and one of them set his alarm for 7AM and surprisingly they all got up at that time. I ate chocolate cake for both breakfast and lunch for the sugar (and because it was seriously delicious) which wasn't the best choice either. But I did get a decent workout in, which helped with my mood and overall felt better.

Still. I really can't wait for this week to be over. Already.


No comments:

Post a Comment