Recommended Reading

Monday, January 23, 2012

getting into the rhythm of things

I realize that I haven't been blogging much lately, and that is mostly because I'm sort of getting into the rhythm of things and things are finally starting to fall into place.

I still have to take my Bio final - I ended up postponing it because of my illness and then found out that I had to give them "at least 20 days" notice. So, while I'm not too happy I had to push it back that much, I will benefit from the extra study time.

I started working at that nursing home and have to admit its been a bit boring so far, but I guess it was to be expected.  I'm still volunteering at my Dr's office and its still my favorite thing. The staff are awesome at letting me help - I'm getting to be a pro at giving tetanus and B12 shots! Plus there is a few new people at my Dr's office, so when he is teaching them, I listen and have really been learning a lot.

I restarted my MCAT course and this time there are way more people in it than last time. At first I was a bit  bummed but I think it will be a good thing because a) there are more people like me (i.e. pursing medicine at an older age) and b) maybe I'll get some good study partners out of it. But I'm reminded of how much work this will be so am again anxious to get my bio stuff finished so I can focus on it 100%.

So that's me at the moment. My next big task is to organize my trip to Poland to work with one of my parents surgeon friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment