Recommended Reading

Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Time off...but not really.

I have this whole week off school for Easter break.

I laugh, though, at the "off" part. Because as a mom who is a med student, you don't really have time off. At least, not to relax.

Still, I did have a great week. I took my oldest son on a trip to London and Paris - my husband took the younger two to New Zealand to visit his family for a month a few weeks ago, but the trip would have been too much missed school for both my son and me. So to make up missing out on the New Zealand trip, I decided to take him on a trip of his own. It was great to go with just him and was a good look at how much easier it will be to travel when our younger two are older. Living in Europe and being so close to so many amazing places really is a huge bonus.

Now with the last few days before classes resume, I'm just using it to get caught up on life stuff. Today I spent the day grocery shopping, buying some flowers for the garden (hurray for spring!), getting my iPad repaired, picked up some dry cleaning and then spent a chunk of time making dental appointments for my son and me as well as a physical for me. In order to be able to get it all done this week I have to spend practically the entire day in the medical clinic because of weird spacing between appointments, though I was super lucky to get in on such short notice. We have private health care here in Poland and while some aspects of it are great, honestly it feels like a factory where you are just being pushed through. Its not very personal, I rarely am able to see the same doctor twice and if I do request a doctor I liked, chances are I'd have to wait a long time (like several months). It feels no different to how it was in Canada, yet we pay thousands for it every month.

So today is done and I feel like I got little accomplished. I'd planned on going for a run and maybe doing a workout but I managed to pull a muscle in my neck and just don't feel like it. Tomorrow I'll be hanging out at the clinic. I think I'll take some text books and do some studying so at least I'm semi-productive. Then I'll have just three days to try and rest and relax before classes restart and my husband returns with the littles.

But I'm not complaining. This is the life I wanted.


No comments:

Post a Comment