Recommended Reading

Sunday, January 6, 2019

Reading etc

I love to read and one thing that a lot of people told me when I got accepted into medical school was that I wouldn't have time to read. Not me. I find the time. Mostly because I just love to do it, so I find the time. I love to read all sorts of things - in fact, I need to up date my "Doctor Reading List" for medical/science-y books I've read in the past while - and have a stack of books that I want to read this year. I don't believe in New Year's Resolutions but I do believe in having goals for the year and mine is to read more and use my phone less. I waste waayyyy too much time mindlessly scrolling through Facebook and Instagram. I really need to limit that. So my goal is to read all the books on my nightstand and then some and I think a good place to start would be during the evening before I get ready for bed. I do read often before bed, but I'd like that to be the dominant habit.

Today I was browsing an Indigo book store in my hometown and came across this book called Secrets from the Eating Lab by Dr. Traci Mann. that I've been meaning to buy for ages and it was on sale. I'm excited to read it.

**************************

I'm currently studying for a physiology test that I have this week. I was supposed to have it tomorrow (Monday) but our flight back to Warsaw was cancelled and rescheduled for Tuesday night. Luckily my teachers were understanding and said I can write it on Thursday. Took a bit of pressure off as I hadn't been able to study as much for it as I had wanted to. Still might go to my dad's office on Wednesday after I get the kids settled so I don't have to wake up at the crack on dawn on Thursday to make it for the test. Not looking forward to the jet-lag though.


*************************

Overall we had such a great trip back home for Christmas. Makes me more and more convinced that coming back home to Canada would be the best for my family. I've been lucky because my best friend from childhood is good friends with a doctor who did the family medicine residency at the hospital that I want to do it in. And she put me in touch with the two IMGs that she did the program with. Hopefully they get back to me and give me some good advice! Even if they just share what they did to be successful would be great for me.

*************************

In less than a month, I'll be half way through 2nd year! Its really flying by...




No comments:

Post a Comment