Recommended Reading

Sunday, March 17, 2019

Well it finally happened.

I think I've been very good at covering my bases as far as childcare is concerned and making sure that I have back ups for my backups.

But I may have finally come to a moment where I'm stuck. My husband is away on a business trip for a week and my nanny had asked for Tuesday off for a medical procedure many weeks ago. I said sure and figured that the worst thing that will happen for that one day is that I'll have to skip a lecture. But as I've been to pretty much all of them, it wouldn't kill me. I have a mandatory biochem seminar in the afternoon but I talked to the prof and he said I can skip out a bit early to make it to pick my kids up from school/preschool on time.

Except I didn't count on the youngest two getting sick. We've all been battling a cold/sore throat for a few days and I really don't think that they should go to school tomorrow and maybe on Tuesday. Honestly, they aren't badly sick but they both have a cough and runny noses and their preschool are a bit anal about sending kids who are sick to school.

Enter my dilemma. Do I take the whole day off and try and get a doctor's note to cover myself? Do I send them to school sick and beg for forgiveness later (or just talk to their teachers and explain my situation)? Or do I just charge up the iPad and take them with me to my classes?

Hopefully being off on Monday will be enough for them to be back to their regular selves and it won't be an issue but worst case I need to think of what to do. I'm leaning towards just sending them to preschool anyway and hope they understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment