Recommended Reading

Thursday, May 2, 2019

Planning mode

I'm almost through my second week of spring break and it just whizzed by! We took the kids to Prague for a few days and just got back yesterday. It was a wonderful trip and I'm so glad we were able to get away.

Because the real work starts next week. So I'm using the remainder of my break to plan for the next two months. I have double the amount of exams this June compared to last year and I again plan to pass everything on the first attempt. But also I want to do more than pass. I really want to get some awesome grades.

With residency always at the back on my mind, I'm constantly thinking about what I can be doing NOW to help future me. And one of those things is get the best grades possible. This time I hope that I can do better than just pass. I want to ace them. Not only because I have my future rank on my mind, but because I think the courses we have this year - physiology and biochem especially - are just really important to know and understand.

Anyway, I think my favourite way of studying is a few solid hours per day with the weekends off/minimal studying and then increasing the volume as I near the exam. My main goal especially is to have covered everything from the beginning again so that by June I'm mostly doing review and old questions.

We will see. At the moment it seems feasible.

No comments:

Post a Comment